If you are a teacher or thinking about becoming a teacher, you know how important acronyms are to education. What about special education? Are there any acronyms for special education? Certainly! There are many additional acronyms you need to know in special education.
Acronyms for special education:
In the list below you will find a sample from the TOP 100 list of acronyms/terms in special education. In short, download the full printable Top 100 list click HERE!
- ABA: Applied Behavior Analysis: A flexible therapy based on the science of learning and behavior.
- Accommodations: A change in how a student learns material that helps them to be successful.
- ACEs: Adverse Childhood Experiences: In special education this is the term used to describe all types of traumatic experiences that occur to people under the age of 18.
- ADA: Americans with Disabilities Act: This is a civil rights law that prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities in all areas of public life.
- ADD: Attention Deficit Disorder: Although there are no signs of hyperactivity, there are signs of distraction. Therefore, we know ADD is not to be confused with ADHD.
FREE Top 100 list
To sum up, here is your FREE list of the top 100 Special Education Acronyms & Terms to get you started on your journey through special education.
Click HERE to download your FREE list of acronyms for special education.
You must be logged in to post a comment.